Why Do You Need State and Local Services?
Governors, state senators, state representatives and
locally elected officials can be extremely effective in communicating
your messages to Members of Congress. A state-level effort enhances
all federal government relations efforts. Consider the following:
- Most Members of Congress look to state legislative
leaders for input and feedback on what is going on back in their
- Many Members of Congress are themselves former
governors, state senators and state representatives
- Some of these state legislative leaders will themselves
be elected to Congress in the future
- State leaders pay particular attention to how much a company
and/or industry is contributing to state tax rolls, employment
and their communities
- State legislative leaders are an "on-the-ground" resource
in congressional districts who can be an important asset in communicating
- Statements and actions of state leaders, particularly committee
members of key state House/Senate committees, can add strength
to your messages
- Many issues addressed in Congress have originated in state legislatures
Why Use Eye on Washington's State and Local Services?
Activity at the State and Local level is an integral
part of any federal government affairs or national grassroots effort.
Working with key leaders at the state and local level can help you
achieve your legislative objectives at the federal level.
Eye on Washington provides one-stop-shopping for state
and local services through its maintenance of an extensive network
of seasoned state government relations professionals in all 50 states.
These professionals provide on-the-ground intelligence and experience
in their respective state capitols. We manage the network so you
don't have to spend your time trying to keep track of issues and
events in 50 different states at the same time.
What Services Will You Receive?
- Intelligence and information gathering capabilities for all
states or targeted by state and/or region
- On-the-ground first hand knowledge and reporting of what is
happening in a state
- Identification of key leaders in state capitals and communities
- Monitoring and reporting of trends and issues that affect your
company and your industry
- Monitoring and reporting of activities of public policy and
- State legislative tracking and, if desired, analysis